We are 1100 UUs and 11 UU congregations joined together as the Unitarian Universalists of Greater Pittsburgh. The UUs of Greater Pittsburgh was formed in November 2014 to strengthen and grow Unitarian Universalism in and around Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. All of our congregations are members of the Unitarian Universalist Association. We are better together!
The mission of the Unitarian Universalists of Greater Pittsburgh is to:
- encourage mutual relationships among Pittsburgh area Unitarian Universalists churches in order to live in fellowship, share resources, and act collectively;
- create networks among our congregants, church staff, and ministers;
- address common concerns compelled by our shared values;
- organize and promote opportunities for area Unitarian Universalists to cooperatively learn, play, worship, engage in service, and work for justice; and
- increase the presence and impact of Unitarian Universalism in the greater Pittsburgh region.
A seven member Board of Directors leads our efforts. Directors are elected annually and serve two year terms. Our 2017-18 Directors are:
- Caron Carnahan of the Ginger Hill Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 2017-2019
- Linda Deere of East Suburban Unitarian Universalist Church, 2017-2019, Secretary
- Nanette Miller of the Unitarian Universalist Church of the South Hills, 2015-2019, Vice-President
- Lynne Porterfield of First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh, 2016-2018
- Ron Smart of the Unitarian Universalist Church of the North Hills, 2016-18
- Lorraine Smith of the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of the Ligonier Valley, 2016-18, Treasurer
- Ron Smutny of the Unitarian Universalist Church of the South Hills, 2014-2018, President
Mark Tomlinson of Allegheny Unitarian Universalist Church is Immediate Past President, having served from 2014 through 2017.
Our Primary Contact at the Central East Region of the UUA is tba.